Sunday, April 17, 2011

Parkway Poboys

After a failed attempt during Mardi Gras to go to Parkway, I finally got to try this legendary place. I mean any place the president goes must be popular, right?

This New Orleans institution is hoppin so go early if you don't want to wait in a ridiculous long line.

If you don't like seafood or are a vegetarian, don't fret! This place has many interesting poboys that you would never expect, like caprese! They do have some great Louisiana favorites and even alligator!

I of course got the roast beef and gravy poboy. I really like what my friend Hayley said-- the best way to judge a poboy place is to try their roast beef. That is so true! Well I can definitely say this place is glorious because their roast beef was so tender! I bet they cooked it all night!

If you do get the roast beef poboy, don't wear a nice shirt bc it sure is messy but that's a good thing! Their fries are perfect too because they are thick but still crunchy!

James got the catfish poboy because if catfish is ever on a menu, it will be on his plate. But I guess I'm the same way with MEAT!

This place is pretty cheap too so it's a great place to bring tourists but I really have no idea where it is because I'm still learning Nola. Midcity perhaps?







No comments:

Post a Comment