Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pulled Pork!

Ok so I realized I don't go out to eat that much and it's too expensive. Therefore I will supplement thus blog with some yummy dishes I also whip up.

Tonight I made pulled pork and it is so easy and so delicious! If your cooking for a man, they will gobble this up!

I use my slow cooker to slowly cook a boneless pork shoulder. I buy one of those spice packets that's for pulled pork. It uses vinegar, brown sugar and ketchup ( I have to face my fear to deal with that nasty red stuff).

All you do is mix everything together and put the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. Don't do the alternative of putting it on high for 4 hours unless you have to. The meat is so much more tender if you do it for 8 hours.

The meat was falling apart after the 8 hours. It was fantastic!! Also I keep my slow cooker on warm overnight after so the meat can absorb all those juices for the leftovers.

The best way to serve it is to rip off a piece of french bread. It's so casual and enjoyable with roomies or friends. James is jealous that I have never cooked this for him yet!





1 comment:

  1. Cute blog, MG. The pork looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete